Cocoa Illume (Medium/Dark)
Brand Seen In: InStyle, Allure, Shape, ELLE & More
Face gel: medium to darker skin tones
This is the same aloe-based gel formulation as our Cocoa Illume Lite, but made specifically for those who prefer more color. Made with our proprietary blend of botanicals and herbs chosen for their soothing effect on delicate facial skin.Subtle citrus scent and works best on medium to dark skin. leaves you with an all natural suntanned appearance. Best for normal to oily skin. Because this product is formulated with aloe, it will feel cool to the skin when applied and you may experience a temporary tightening effect as it drys. Product should be stored in a cool, dark space, away from direct sunlight.
Our Beauty Notes: The Cocoa Illume's are ideal for a subtle, natural looking glow. The aloe-base doesn't aggravate sensitive or blemish-prone skin, yet we always recommend patch testing before applying.
SUNLESS TANNING THE FACE, NECK, AND CHEST
Cocoa Illume sunless gel was formulated specifically for the face. This lightly scented and lightweight formula gives an instant glow and develops quickly giving your face a beautiful, healthy glow. Your skin tone appears even and sun kissed. You will be able to give your foundation a vacation. Avoiding excessive exposure to the sun is the most affective way to maintain healthy, youthful looking skin.
Take it from us; applying a sunless tanning product takes practice. We have compiled the following techniques to assist you.
Before You Begin the Application of Your Treatment
The following are the items that you will need for a flawless Chocolate Sun:
- A dry environment
- Your favorite Chocolate Sun face or body cream
- 3 wash clothes (2 dry, 1 wet)
- Dark loose fitting shirt
- A little patience
The following is what you need to do to prepare the above items:
- Prepare a damp cloth and a dry cloth prior to starting your application. This will used at the end of your application for the final cleaning of your hands.
- Please shake product vigorously prior to application. Natural products will separate between uses and shaking the product will ensure the active tanning ingredient is mixed back into the product.
- Skin must be exfoliated, clean, dry and free of all products.
- Complete all of your beauty treatments (manicure/pedicure/waxing/hair coloring), first and save your Chocolate Sun application as the final skin perfecting treatment.
AFTER APPLICATION IS COMPLETE
- It is best to wear loose fitting, dark clothing, while product develops.
- Your skin must remain dry for 4-5 hours. No workouts, no swimming, no showers, no bathing, or doing dishes, until application time is complete.
- If it is necessary to wash your hands before development time is complete be especially careful to not submerge hands in water and then touch your face.
- If you brush your teeth before the development process is complete, do not allow water to splash on your chin.
- Be sure to wrap a paper towel around any glass, bottle or cup that you are drinking from. Perspiration may drip and interrupt the development process.
- You do not need to be paranoid of water, simply be conscious of it. Water splashes on us more then we generally realize.
- For those of us with dogs, big or small, be aware that the treatment is sweet, and our furry kids like to lick it. If this happens, please scroll to the Troubleshooting portion of this information.
aqua (distilled water),
dihydroxyacetone (derived from sugar beets),
aloe barbadensis (aloe vera gel),
mica (natural coloring agent),
citrus sinensis (sweet orange oil),
glucono delta lactone,
calcium gloconate (natural food grade preservative combination).
94% Organic Ingredients
Water not included in calculations.
A BEAUTY EXPERT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Contact us about your skin and makeup questions and receive free advice.