NEW BLOG COMING SOON!
InStyle Magazine + LeVert Beauty
Thank you to InStyle for including us in this month's cover story! We are completely humbled and completely perma-smiling!
Byrdie.com + LeVert Beauty
A huge (and humbling!) thanks to Byrdie.com for this incredible feature on LeVert Beauty:
"Think about everything you know about green beauty—then promptly forget it. LeVert Beauty wants to remind you that eco, natural, and clean can also be chic, and the sleek site and product selection prove it. The brainchild of former beauty copywriter Ana Congdon, LeVert—French for (the)green—was created to be a safe, stylish counterpart to mainstream beauty, fueled by a deep-rooted personal dream to bring natural beauty out of the dark granola ages. Every product on the site is free of toxic ingredients and carefully curated by Congdon herself. Natural-beauty newbies can dip their toes in with Ilia’s playful lipsticks and Kjaer Weis’s minimal silver compacts, while those already onboard can explore lesser-known brands like Vintner’s Daughter and Lurk."
(Office Party thanks to the incredible women at Byrdie! xx LeVert Ladies)
One of the Biggest Bloggers, Grace Atwood Talking Favorites (Including Yours Truly)
*Originally seen on The Stripe, for full article head to www.thestripe.com. Here is the breakdown of her favorite picks from LeVert Beauty*
"We really need to talk about May Lindstrom. I’ve been dying to try her products for some time now and got to experience two of them… both divine.
First up is The Blue Cocoon. This stuff is magical. At first I thought it was a mask, or maybe a cleansing balm… because it’s blue. Wait. I’m supposed to spread this blue stuff all over my face and… just leave it there? Yes. Yes, you are. I promise it won’t turn your skin blue. You apply just the tiniest amount after cleansing + serum (before bedtime, I find this to be too heavy for daytime). The balm transforms to an oil upon coming in contact with your skin… and it is incredibly soothing and amazing on irritated skin. For me, it’s perfect this time of year when the cold air makes my skin red + angry. It’s like Xanax for stressed skin. Positively dreamy.
The other May Lindstrom product I tried might just be one of the sexiest beauty products I own. Meet The Good Stuff. It’s a radiance oil which LeVert describes as “liquid sunshine.” It’s a body oil, infused with cocoa, rose, lavender, and ylang-ylang… plus golden minerals for the most beautiful, dewy glow. I applied this all over my body after a cold winter day and was blown away by how good my skin looked. Dewy, radiant, 100% glowy. One of the best products I’ve tried this year.
Next up is my new favorite skin serum… The Vinter’s Daughter. This one is no joke and has gotten quite a bit of buzz – I’ve seen it featured in so many of my favorite beauty magazines. The formula contains 22 active, organic botanicals to increase radiance, fight aging, stimulate cell turnover, maintain elasticity, strengthen capilaries, and so on and so forth. It’s amazing. I can’t speak to its anti-aging abilities, but when I apply it, my skin glows from within. This serum is literal proof that natural skincare can still be (ultra) luxurious.
Last but not least, The Digital Detox Bath. I’ve long been a proponent of detox baths, so I was very excited to try this one. It’s made from pure, raw, vegan ingredients and helps to both detoxify and reduce muscle tension. Living clay actually helps to extract toxins from the body to help heal and revitalize. Most importantly, (I swear) it leaves your body feeling tighter, lighter, and slimmer. Like an instant juice cleanse… without the juice. Do it the night before a big event. You’ll sleep like a baby and feel amazing, slim, and revitalized the next day." - Grace Atwood, The Stripe
Grace is a favorite of ours, too! She's a wonderful person, blogger and trendsetter, so naturally as long-time fans, it's a huge honor to have her as a LeVert Beauty. To find more Grace Atwood head over to The Stripe for daily fashion, beauty and lifestyle bits. Originally Seen On The Stripe, Check it Out for a Special Giveaway
Let's Meet! + Holiday Gift Guide Vol. V
We are so excited to connect with you and say hello! This rare glimpse (around here it's all about you not us!) into behind the scenes where we can share with you just how we do things around the holiday season. There are several wonderful, funny and insanely talented women involved in making LeVert Beauty what it is (Morgan, Jayne, and Samantha we're looking at you!), and here we want to first introduce you to our Founder, Ana and our Director of Marketing, Erin on what they're gifting this holiday season to close friends and family. Enjoy!!
// Allure + LeVert Beauty for the Best in Winter Skincare //
Allure Magazine continues to blow our beauty minds, and while we're completely humbled by their continuous support for LeVert Beauty and our carefully curated line-up, we can't say that we're too surprised by their Senior Digital Editor's taste for the best in clean beauty, (naturally) on point. We are so very proud to call her a LeVert Beauty!
Shop like an Allure Beauty Editor by Clicking Below:
Holiday Gift Guide Series Vol. IV With Sarah James of "Whoorl"
Holiday Gift Guide Series Vol. III With Jessica of "Bare Beauty"
SHOP IT: Veritè Spa Bath Salts
SHOP IT: Kjaer Weis Cream Blush in Happy
SHOP IT: RGB Nail Polishes
SHOP IT: S.W. Basics Best Sellers Mini Kit
SHOP IT: Sophie la Giraffe Baby Starter Kit
Recipe on Repeat: Colorful Beet Salad with Carrot, Quinoa & Spinach
- ½ cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed
- 1 cup frozen organic edamame
- ⅓ cup slivered almonds or pepitas (green pumpkin seeds)
- 1 medium raw beet, peeled
- 1 medium-to-large carrot (or 1 additional medium beet), peeled
- 2 cups packed baby spinach or arugula, roughly chopped
- 1 avocado, cubed
- 3 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh mint or cilantro
- 2 tablespoons honey or maple syrup or agave nectar
- ½ to 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard, to taste
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- Freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- To cook the quinoa: First, rinse the quinoa in a fine mesh colander under running water for a minute or two. In a medium-sized pot, combine the rinsed quinoa and 1 cup water. Bring the mixture to a gentle boil, then cover the pot, reduce heat to a simmer and cook for 15 minutes. Remove the quinoa from heat and let it rest, still covered, for 5 minutes. Uncover the pot, drain off any excess water and fluff the quinoa with a fork. Set it aside to cool.
- To cook the edamame: Bring a pot of water to boil, then add the frozen edamame and cook just until the beans are warmed through, about 5 minutes. Drain and set aside.
- To toast the almonds or pepitas: In a small skillet over medium heat, toast the almonds or pepitas, stirring frequently, until they are fragrant and starting to turn golden on the edges, about 5 minutes. Transfer to a large serving bowl to cool.
- To prepare the beet(s) and/or carrot: First of all, feel free to just chop them as finely as possible using a sharp chef's knife OR grate them on a box grater. If you have a spiralizer, you can spiralize them using blade C, then chop the ribbons into small pieces using a sharp chef's knife. If you have a mandoline and julienne peeler (this is a pain), use the mandoline to julienne the beet and use a julienne peeler to julienne the carrot, then chop the ribbons into small pieces using a sharp chef's knife.
- To prepare the vinaigrette: Whisk together all of the ingredients until emulsified.
- To assemble the salad: In your large serving bowl, combine the toasted almonds/pepitas, cooked edamame, prepared beet(s) and/or carrot, roughly chopped spinach/arugula (see note above about leftovers), cubed avocado and cooked quinoa.
- Finally, drizzle dressing over the mixture (you might not need all of it) and gently toss to combine. You'll end up with a pink salad if you toss it really well! Season to taste with salt (up to an additional ¼ teaspoon) and black pepper. Serve.
Holiday Gift Guide Series Vol. II With Alex Grant of "To Vogue or Bust"
SHOP IT: Essential Body Sunscreen
SHOP IT: Goddess Lip Tint by Kjaer Weis
SHOP IT: 1,000 Roses Face Elixir by Kypris
Holiday Gift Guide Series Vol. I with Lilly Wallace of "Genuine Glow"
Shop Lilly's Holiday Gift Picks by Clicking Here:
SHOP IT: Kahina Argan Oil
SHOP IT: One Love Organics Vitamin B Cleanser
SHOP IT: Kjaer Weis Eyeshadow in Grace
SHOP IT: Agent Nateur Deodorant
SHOP IT: Kjaer Weis Mascara
SHOP IT: LURK RSW005
Kirsten Kjaer Weis Gives her Makeup Tips
For Our Classic Beauties
For Our Trend Setters
For Our Seasonal Curators
For Our Stunning Simplistics
(Will Ship on October 19th!)
BARE BEAUTY SWAPS, VOL. 1 WITH LEVERT BEAUTY
Jessica says, "When it comes to makeup, women are definitely creatures of habit. Lately, I’ve heard friends and readers alike comment on how they really want to make the switch to Green Beauty, but there are a few conventional products that they’ve been using forever, and they just are sooo hesitant to part with them. Isn’t it funny how we can go through 5 boyfriends, 6 jobs and 3 cities in 10 years and still use the same blush?! Over the years, I’ve discovered some amazing replacements for my old standbys, and starting today, I’m going to start sharing them with you regularly. Here we go, Bare Beauty Swaps, Volume 1:
If you are a slave to your brows, (and who isn’t these days) chances are, you don’t just use a measly brow pencil to fill in and shape. Anastasia Beverly Hills Dipbrow Pomade and Duo Brush #7 has a cult following, but with ingredients like Polyethylene and Propylparaben, I’ll pass. In the last few months, I’ve fallen in love with EcoBrow Defining Wax and Defining Brush, which could totally pass for Anatasia in a blind test. The waterproof formula glides right on and really sits within the little hairs instead of on the skin, so brows look natural, not drawn on. I like to put a good coating of the wax on the angled brush and apply it – with a very light hand – in short, hairlike strokes. Then, I blend it with the spooly end of the brush. If you want to look polished and awake (and like you’ve maybe had Botox) in just a few seconds, look no further. (P.S. I wear Marilyn.)
I’ve never been much of a foundation girl, but I used to LOVE Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk Foundation because it didn’t look or feel like I was wearing a ton of makeup. It was what I (and every major makeup artist in the world) would reach for on a big night when I wanted to look my best. Unfortunately, it contains a host of toxic ingredients like Benzyl Salicylate, Parabens and Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate. Liquid foundation in the Green Beauty world can be tricky. However, Vapour Organic Beauty Atmosphere Soft Focus Foundation is one of the only foundations I’ve ever loved, and it’s a perfect Green Beauty match to Armani. This foundation totally blurs imperfections on the skin, just like a soft focus lens (hence the name). It leaves skin looking luminous and dewy, but not greasy, and you’ll only need to use a setting powder if you have very oily skin. Atmosphere Soft Focus comes in 12 shades that match skin easily because of the formula’s light, silky consistency. And, in addition to the beautiful coverage it gives, this foundation is actually nourishing. A Pumpkin and Papaya Complex brightens the skin along with organic Camellia, and the formula is infused with Vapour’s face-specific infusion of soothing Frankincense, antioxidant Tulsi, and calming Lotus. (P.S. I wear S123).
Almost every caucasian woman I know uses or has used Nars Blush, be it the stick or the powder formula, in Orgasm. Besides the marketing-genius name, the color is beautiful and works on many skin tones. As an aside, in my humble opinion, everyone over the age of 30 should be wearing cream blush (once again you were right, Mom). I wore this blush for about six years, but once I learned that it contains BHA, Triclosan and Parabens, it was one of the first cosmetics I set out to replace. I searched long and hard, and there were a lot of losers out there, ladies. Luckily, Vapour Organics came to the rescue once again with some gorgeous shades of their Aura Multi Use Blush Stick. That’s right, there are actually a few shades that substitute beautifully, depending on whether or not you like shimmer in your blush. If you do like shimmer, try Aura Multi Use Radiant Blush in Intrigue. I prefer to leave the shimmer to my highlighter, so I prefer a satin-finish blush. My favorite Aura Multi Use Classic Blush color is Spark. And, if you want an even bolder, more pink option, Torch is also gorgeous. This blush is nourishing, high-impact and wears well. And, I love a stick formula that I can just throw in my bag and use on my lips when I’m in a hurry.
You can get all of these amazing alternatives at LeVert Beauty. And, since we’re friends, I’ll give you my 10% discount, just enter code BB10 at checkout!"
*Originally Seen on Bare Beauty*
PAUSE WITH PURSOMA
6 Tips to Consider for Daily Detoxing From LeVert Beauty
1. Water, water, water. Consider dehydrating factors such as caffeine, as Shannon mentioned above, time outside in the sun, exercise and any alcohol and salt intake when figuring the right amount you should have daily.
2. Challenge yourself to 30 days of warm lemon water, daily, first thing in the morning before anything else to help alkaline and detox the body.
3. Coffee drinker? Us too… having a tablespoon of organic apple cider vinegar (mixed with water, splash of organic apple juice, and cinnamon helps!) daily after your cup of joe helps to alkaline your body. This also helps rev-up your metabolism for the day and clear up your skin from the inside out!
4. Dry brushing before your shower beginning at your feet and in clockwork, circular motions move upward toward your heart. This act also tackles cellulite and softens skin.
5. Sweat and stretch always remembering to concentrate on breathing through each movement.
6. Sprinkle superfoods wherever possible to help support your body natural detox efforts. Spices are a particularly simple and inexpensive way to do this as well: turmeric & black pepper together, fresh ginger, cinnamon and cooking with coconut oil are wonderful starts to this daily practice.
Bare Faced Beauty
Exclusive Summer Lookbook: 'GET THE LOOK'
Kjaer Weis Foundation in Paper Thin, barely there cream blush in Embrace, eye shadow in Cloud Nine, Mascara, lips both Vapour Luxe Lip and Lip Tint in Dream State, PRTTY Lotion on face and chest high points.
Images by Evie McShane / Model Images: Hair & Makeup by Kelly Peach / Assisted by Sheri Mendes / Model Siobhan Blake / Exclusively For & With: LeVert Beauty
LeVert Beauty gets ready with Leila Lou