Absolute Sun (Dark Tanning Lotion)
Brand Seen In: InStyle, Allure, Shape, ELLE & More
Tanning color: Dark
Face/Body Tanner: A natural sunless tanning treatment for the face and body, this “amped-up” formula is made with the same proprietary blend of organically grown and wild crafted botanicals and herbs chosen for their beneficial, nurturing and hydrating properties. Also includes Shea Butter, coconut oil and aloe. Absolute Sun will give you a deep, dark, “just back from vacation” looking tan. Best for those who are experienced with self- tanning. Color develops in 6-8 hours. Product should be stored in a cool, dark space, away from direct sunlight.
USED ON SET IN: Sex in the City, Grey's Anatomy, Entourage, Wonder Woman, Fifty Shades of Gray & more
Our Beauty Notes: We SWEAR by the quality, rich color. We've been wearing it for years and can't seem to put it down. Plus, if Jessica Alba's a fan - need we say more?
LeVert Beauty recommends the Cocoa Lite (level 1) shade for the most fair, porcelain skin. For fairer/light skin we recommend the Cocoa Glow (level 2) and for meduim to golden skin tones we recommend Absolute Dark (level 3)
SUNLESS TANNING THE BODY
Take it from us; applying a sunless tanning product takes practice.
We have compiled the following techniques to assist you.
These tips work no matter where you find yourself:
Your home, a Hotel Room, a College Dorm, your best friend’s or significant other’s…
BEFORE YOU BEGIN THE APPLICATION OF YOUR TREATMENT
The following are the items that you will need for a flawless Chocolate Sun treatment:
- A dry environment
- Your favorite Chocolate Sun face or body cream
- 3 wash clothes (2 dry, 1 wet)
- Dark loose fitting clothing
- A little patience
THE FOLLOWING IS WHAT YOU NEED TO DO TO PREPARE THE ABOVE ITEMS:
- Prepare a damp cloth and a dry cloth prior to starting your application. This will be used at the end of your application for the final cleaning of your hands. As you will not be able to submerge your hands in soap and water once you have applied your Chocolate Sun treatment to your hands.
- Please shake product vigorously prior to application. Natural products will separate between uses and shaking the product will ensure the active tanning ingredient is mixed back into the product.
- Skin must be exfoliated, clean, dry and free of all products.
- Complete all of your beauty treatments (manicure/pedicure/waxing/hair coloring), first and save your Chocolate Sun application as the final skin perfecting treatment.
- When applying to body, you should use gentle, broad, circular strokes for the application.
- When applying to face, neck and décolleté the application should be similar to applying foundation. Pay close attention to blending from face, neck to décolleté. Be sure to blend into hairline to avoid line of demarcation. If you have extremely light hair, avoid getting product into hair.
- Overlap each stroke to avoid streaking and missed areas.
- As you apply the product it may take some time to absorb into skin. It is best to let the product absorb into skin, rather aggressively rubbing into skin.
- Application should start at the ankle, working your way up to your back, moving onto your sides and around onto your stomach. Continue application onto your chest, around shoulders and finishing onto your arms. Stopping at the arms.
- Because face, hands and feet require a little extra precision, you will save these parts for last.
- When applying product to hands and feet, it is a good idea to mix your favorite moisturizer, in equal parts, with the Chocolate Sun treatment. This will dilute the product enough to achieve a natural looking tan on these areas and prevent the treatment from developing too dark.
Prepping Hands and Feet Prior to Application
- Before beginning your application it is a good idea to apply a thin layer of your favorite moisturizer onto your hands and feet. Be sure to cover thoroughly the tops and sides of your hands and feet, in between and on tops of your fingers and toes. Feather a thin layer of lotion onto the inside of the bend of each of your wrists and down the sides of your ankles and heels. Begin Application
- Product should be applied starting at your ankles. Work one leg at a time, front and back. Remember you are saving feet for last.
- Remember to work product onto buttocks while working on the back of the legs, blending onto lower back.
- Continue applying product onto lower back, working your way up to the midsection of your back.
- Next you will work product onto your upper back. This may require some extra reaching, contorting, or assistance. Helpful hint: you can put the product on the back of your hand for the area between your shoulder blades, working your hand in a circular motion. This area can be challenging to reach.
- After completing above areas take a break and thoroughly wash hands with soap and water. Before beginning again use the dry cloth to remove moisture from hands. Washcloths work best.
- Continue by applying product onto the stomach. Remember to blend product around the sides of your body blending into the application done on the back.
- Apply to breast and chest area blending onto the neck, and over the tops of the shoulders until you have blended into the application done on the upper back.
SHOULDERS AND ARMS
- Starting at the top of the front of the shoulder, apply product working downward onto the front of arm until you reach the wrist.
- Next apply a lighter coat of product to the inside of arms. This part of the arm should never be as dark as the outer part of the arm. You should be careful to blend lightly around the armpit region. Do not apply directly on the armpit. Armpits do not tan. This will give you an unnatural result.
- Apply lightly, but thoroughly, to the tops of the feet blending onto the ankle, where the application began. Helpful hint: The feet tend to tan easily. You may want to mix your favorite moisturizer in equal parts, with the Chocolate Sun Treatment. This will dilute the product enough to achieve a natural looking tan.
- Be sure that your hands are dry.
- Blend product from neck, onto face. This application is similar to applying foundation. Be deliberate in your application to ensure you get full coverage.
- Finally, apply lightly, but thoroughly, to the tops of hands, blending onto wrists. Helpful hint: The hands tend to tan easily. You may want to mix your favorite moisturizer in equal parts, with the Chocolate Sun Treatment. This will dilute the product enough to achieve a natural looking tan.
- Now that you have successfully finished your application to your hands, you will need to utilize your prepared damp cloth to thoroughly wipe the palms of your hands and inside of your fingers. Do not submerge your hands in water after applying the treatment to this area.
YOU ARE ALMOST FINISHED!
AFTER APPLICATION IS COMPLETE
- Roll a small soft hand towel and using the smooth side of the rolled towel, very lightly sweep over outer edges of armpits, wrists, ankles, hands, feet and the inside of arms. This will help blend application.
- It is best to wear loose fitting, dark clothing, while product develops.
- Your skin must remain dry for 6-8 hours. No workouts, no swimming, no showers, no bathing, or doing dishes, until application time is complete.
- Be especially careful to not submerge hands in water if it is necessary to wash them before development time is complete. It is best to wipe palms of hands only with damp cloth.
- If you brush your teeth before the development process is complete, do not allow water to splash on your chin.
- Be sure to wrap a paper towel around any glass, bottle or cup that you are drinking from. Perspiration may drip and interrupt the development process.
- You do not need to be paranoid of water, simply be conscious of it. Water splashes on us more then we generally realize.
- For those of us with dogs, big or small, be sure to wear long, loose fitting pants. The treatment is sweet, and our furry kids like to lick it.
aqua (pH-balanced distilled water),
dihydroxyacetone (DHA, derived from sugar beets)
helianthus annus (sunflower seed) oil,
prunus delcis (sweet almond) oil,
aloe barbadensis gel (aloe vera) gel,
cocos nucifera oil (coconut oil),
simmondsia chinensis (jojoba) oil,
butyrospermum parkii (shea butter),
glucono delta lactone (natural food grade preservative),
calcium gluconate (natural food grade preservative),
theobroma cacao (cocoa absolute),
vanilla planifola (vanilla extract),
camellia sinensis (green tea) leaf extract.
87% Organic Ingredients
Water not included in calculations.
A BEAUTY EXPERT AT YOUR FINGERTIPS
Contact us about your skin and makeup questions and receive free advice.